The Second Advent. A look at I Thess. 4:16-18, which pictures five events closely associated with the return of Jesus.
- 1) A loud command or roar (announcing the Day of the Lord);
- 2) the voice of the archangel giving the command of judgment against those in rebellion against God;
- 3) the trumpet (shofar) call of God;
- 4) the dead in Christ rising with resurrection bodies for the purpose of continuous service on earth;
- 5) the rapture of the Church, who meet Jesus in the air, to usher Him and His holy ones back to earth in triumph (the meaning of the word, apanteisis).